Useful Links

Assistance Centres

The Assistance Centres provide information on the recognition of professional qualifications in every EU country and guide professionals through the administrative formalities.

Certificate of Experience Service

The Certificate of Experience is a document which details an individual's work experience and qualifications gained in a trade or craft profession in the UK. It verifies that the individual has satisfied the criteria laid out in chapter 2 of Directive 2005/36/EC, modified by Directive 2013/55/EU. These Directives govern the recognition of craft and trade professions in Member States. It should be noted that since the UK has left the European Union, Member States are no longer obliged to accept a UK Certificate of Experience.

Department for Business and Trade

This website provides information on working in the UK, such as setting up businesses, working in the UK, National Insurance, Minimum and Living Wage, and employment conditions.

Disclosure and Barring Service

For certain jobs or voluntary work (such as working with children or vulnerable adults, or in healthcare) employers and licensing bodies can request a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Applications for people living or applying for work in England and Wales should be made through For Scotland, please refer to and Northern Ireland

This website provides practical advice and information on public sector services, setting up a business, and general citizen information for the UK.

Export Support Service from Gov.

If you are a UK business looking for support on selling goods or services abroad, you can contact the ESS team for advice and guidance.

EU Single Market Regulated Professions Database

The Regulated Professions Database provides information on regulated professions across the EU, EEA and Switzerland, including information on the relevant regulating authority, statistics on migrating professionals, national authorities and contact points.

Recognition of Professional Qualifications: Technical Guidance for Regulatory Bodies

This is the government guidance on how professional qualifications are recognised in accordance with the Recognition of Professional Qualifications (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 and the Professional Qualifications and Services (Amendments and Miscellaneous Provisions) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020.


UK ENIC is the designated United Kingdom national agency for the recognition and comparison of international qualifications and skills. It performs this official function on behalf of the UK Government. For further information on the services provided by UK ENIC, please visit the UK ENIC website.

UK Statutory Instruments

· Recognition of Professional Qualifications (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 

· Professional Qualifications and Services (Amendments and Miscellaneous Provisions) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020