If you qualified in the UK and wish to start working in your profession in another country, there are several steps you will need to follow. You will need to determine firstly whether you will have the right to work in that country. Once you have done this, you will need to check whether the profession you wish to access is regulated.

If the profession you wish to practise is regulated, you may be required by the regulatory body to obtain professional recognition of your qualification(s) before you can start work. Among other responsibilities, a regulatory body is responsible for setting or applying the standards for a regulated profession, controlling who can access the profession and assessing professional qualifications.